System Heat Gets too Warm/Runs Too Long

Old 01-08-15, 06:22 PM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
System Heat Gets too Warm/Runs Too Long

Good Evening Everyone:

We are perplexed and kind of unhappy with our new complete HVAV system. Old compressor bit the dust and we sprang for a new system(in and out). Here is our gripes:

It has been cold here(by Florida standards) in N. Florida. We have the heat set to 72. Even when the set temp is reached, the house is ungodly warm, and the system continues to run for 20 min after the set temp before shutting down which makes it even worse. Now, if I keep the set temp at 71, the house is way too cool! The seems to be no happy medium here and it's driving us batty! I had a HVAC tech come out today he told me that the system is designed to operate that way because if the system shut down at exactly the set temp, the system would be kicking on sooner and constantly. I am not saying I don't believe him, it is just frustrating and uncomfortable on either side of the number 72 deg. Could it be the thermostat or whatever. He say's the thermo is fine, just a very sensitive one. It's either freeze or fry. Here is my complete system specs:

Carrier/15 Seer
Air Handler: FV4CNF005
Compressor(outdoor unit): 25HBC548
Thermostat: Carrier TP-NRH Edge (non-programmable)

Name:  P1000684.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  35.8 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-15, 08:35 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Suppose you try a non programmable thermostat? One that you move the lever.

Old 01-08-15, 09:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
Where is the return air intake?
If it is not in the hallway with the stat it will have trouble controlling the bedroom temperature.

A Honeywell Redlink thermostat would allow you to use multiple wireless remote sensors in the rooms and use "averaging" to control the temperature.

I have installed a few Carrier Edge thermostats. I like that they work with only 2 conductors to control multistage equipment and they look great but I don't see more aggressive and less aggressive control of heating as an option in the manual.

What is the option 16 (cycles per hour ) setting on the stat?

Is the room behind that stat close to the same temperature as the other rooms in that zone?
A single remote sensor on the other side of the wall might be an option.

Name:  Carrier Edge stat HP diagram.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  43.9 KB