New Homeowner / Electric Heat Issues

Old 01-21-15, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Homeowner / Electric Heat Issues

My husband and I bought our mobile home (65*32 Doublewide) In the deal we said "give us heat and air" and failed to specify what kind.....

So we got a Goodman outside a/c unit and electric heat. Our electric bill is running about $650.00 per month. I have called two a/c heat people. They both told me i need to add heat strips because there is only one their. I was told that the blower fan is insufficient which causes only one half of the home to heat and cool. We already already changed to crossover with a brand new 10" flex pipe. We have done the obvious stuff, new weatherstripping around doors, tinting windows. They are double pained windows. How do i find out what kind of heat strips i need? We looked at the interior unit and there is no markers :/ The only thing we can find is 10kh 240 volt. Does it matter who makes them? How do we know what blower fan we can use? Any answer would really help. We were quoted 1000$ to fix this, but if we can get the parts the A/c man said he would have us fixed for a little of nothing cause it would take very long, but the parts were high through his company.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-15, 04:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 924 Votes on 863 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Please fill out your location in your bio so we know where you are located. Prices of services as well as area temperatures play an important role in this question.

We also need to know the size of your electrical service as well as the exact model number off the inside Goodman unit.

Old 01-22-15, 01:19 PM
Received 57 Votes on 53 Posts
Is this a new mobile home?if so why not contact the mfg. and have them make it right.not knowing the whole situation there makes it hard to give good advice.
Geo