Samsung Ducted Mini-Split Support Issues

Old 06-21-15, 01:27 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Samsung Ducted Mini-Split Support Issues

I have a ducted Samsung mini-split system in my new home (1 1/2 years) and have had constant issues with it. Underlying all of the problems is the inherent lack of good support from the Samsung documentation and tech support personnel.

I had a career in computers starting in 1970 and I saw similar problems with supporting them during that period. The technology had gotten so complex that the hands-on mechanic sort of repairman was completely lost. These new systems are all blinking lights and error codes without adequate documentation in the field.

The serviceman comes onsite and immediately has to call Samsung support for help. He then waits for some time (hours) to get a call back, do a little something and then call back again. All of the while, you are paying him at an hourly rate.

Our system has been down again now since Friday night and this is Sunday afternoon. The house is now at 90 degrees and closed up because it is June in NC and we are in a heat wave. So it is even hotter outside.

1. Does anyone have any contacts at Samsung that I can call? 2. Never buy a Samsung mini-split.

Old 06-21-15, 10:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Do a google search for "Samsung customer support". There are several toll free numbers listed as well as numbers where people have received quicker service.

Ask for supervisors and keep climbing the chain.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: