Is there a 1 ton heat pump, "self contained"?...

Old 11-07-15, 06:26 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is there a 1 ton heat pump, "self contained"?...

I purchased an older 24' x 28' doublewide with a vaulted ceiling in the living room and also in the master bedroom, whole place appears to be well insulated. I am in NC Florida by Gainesville. Nothing came with it to heat or cool it, but ductwork is there, appears they had a heat pump. I know there are heat pumps that are "single units" but I cant find any that aren't split, and I don't think I need over 1.5 ton for this max (?). I do not want to use "ductless"...Any suggestions as to where to look for a 1 ton unit that I can put outside, run power to, connect to the ducts underneath, connect to thermostat and that's it? I want to use the existing ducts since the 3 main rooms in it need cooling/heat simultaneously. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-15, 04:34 AM
Super Moderator
Received 37 Votes on 35 Posts
Welcome to our forums!

No, what you are asking for is not available.
You can get a commercial rooftop style unit that is meant to be ducted but the smallest size is 2 tons of cooling.
These units are considerably more expensive than just replacing the missing components with the correct residential furnace/air-conditioner.

Presumably you want to spend as little money as possible and any blower that is meant to be ducted is a more substantial piece of equipment than a room mounted self contained air-conditioner.

Old 11-08-15, 09:06 AM
D
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
is this the sort of unit you are looking for ? is 2 ton too big - might be ok if multi-speed unit ..

GPH15M SEER 13 Packaged Heat Pump |GoodmanŽ Residential

Old 11-08-15, 01:33 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes that's what I'm thinking about, thanks...

Old 11-20-15, 06:58 PM
H
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Package unit

You'll need to see If its convertible to a side discharge. Electrical will be a concern too.. What you have, may not match. Try to get the quietest one available. You and your neighbors will be glad you did.