How to repair Econo Heat cracked panels

Old 11-14-15, 11:38 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to repair Econo Heat cracked panels

I bought four of Econo Heat 120 v 400 watts heating panels during 2014 - 2015 winter and all four of them cracked, some lightly and some deeply side to side. It seems to be a problem reported on some feedback page where they sell it, I couldn't find a solution on the Internet to repair it.

I contacted the company who build those heating panels in South Africa and the representative told me to use dry compound wall crack filler to repair it, which I did with not great success. The company replaced the defectives panels but I didn't want to throw the cracked one's away, so I continued my search to find a way to repair it and I contacted some companies to find a product heat resistant with no harsh fumes, able to fill the crack and stick back the panel together and among's them, the Adfast company who suggest me to try their Adbond 009 product, which is an ecological doors and windows caulking that meets LEED standards, no odour, no harsh fumes. I did repair 3 panels so far and this is working !

Since I couldn't find a solution, I'm posting mine here and hopefully it would be useful for someone searching for a solution for this particular problem !

Old 11-14-15, 06:40 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,399 Votes on 1,296 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Those panels don't seem like a terribly effective way of heating a room.

Not knowing the interior composition of them I could not recommend repairing a cracked case.
Cracking when not even a year old.... and the company telling you to patch them... no thanks.

I see a cUL USA listing which is misleading. That cUL listng is UL listing for Canada. I don't see an actual UL listing on the product which tells me that it was built to European standards and not to the rigid standards of the UL here in the U.S.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: