Problem with a Lennox Whisper Heat G20Q3E-75-4

Old 11-23-15, 03:20 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Problem with a Lennox Whisper Heat G20Q3E-75-4

Hello,

I have a Lennox Whisper Heat Unit that is not working. Ive tried a couple of fixes and still it is not working.

When I fired it up for the first time this season it worked fine. One morning I fired it up and nothing happened. Typically when I turn the thermostat to the desired temperature, the thermostat makes a "click" sound and then the heat can be heard as the electric pilot sparks "click click click" followed by the "whoosh" of the gas igniting. However, after the thermostat clicks, the heater is not making it's sounds and it is not coming on.

I checked the power and gas to the unit, both are working. When I turn the blower fan only on, it comes on and blows garage temperature air into the house. But, the heater is not activating.

First I changed the flow regulator and nothing changed. Next, I changed the ignition control box and again nothing changed.

So, I'm looking for possible names to my problem and cures for it.

Thanks!

Old 11-23-15, 03:34 PM
S
If I remember right the G20 has a damper on the burner, make sure that's opening.

Old 11-23-15, 03:36 PM
P
Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

Yes it does have a damper which does open and close and it does appear to be functioning as well.

Old 11-23-15, 03:41 PM
S
There is an end switch on the damper, make sure it is closing.

Old 11-23-15, 03:44 PM
P
Would that be the black toggle underneath the second/lower access panel? If so, I BELIEVE it is (TBH I haven't physically checked that). It's typically pushed into place by the lower panel. I will check that out though.

Old 11-23-15, 03:51 PM
S
OK, I found the manual in my "archive's". They call it a damper prove switch. I think it is black with small metal arm on it.

The damper actually presess on the arm.

Last edited by skaggsje; 11-23-15 at 03:53 PM. Reason: added info
Old 11-23-15, 04:20 PM
P
Hmmm... alrighty, I will check that out when I get home this evening.

Old 11-23-15, 04:31 PM
S
I think what you described in your previous post is the safety switch. It kills the power to the furnace when you take the cover off.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: