ProFusion Heater with solid state relay

Old 12-11-15, 06:20 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ProFusion Heater with solid state relay

I have a Pro Fusion 7500 watt electric garage heater (p/n EH-4604B). I want to wire in a SSR with a transformer to control the power to the heater with an external thermostat. Problem is the amp draw of the heater is 31.3 on 240 volts. Does anyone know the part number of a Solid State Relay with a built in transformer that can handle 31.3 amps? Or does anyone have a suggestion on how to do wire this heater so that I can use it with an external thermostat? I've included links to the wiring diagrams of the heater and to a SSR made by aube technologies that is an example of what I'm looking for. Thanks for any thoughts or ideas.

Bob

ProFusion Heat Ceiling-Mount Shop Heater 25,590 BTU, 240 Volts, Model# EH-4604B | Electric Garage Industrial Heaters| Northern Tool + Equipment

http://www.aubetech.com/manuel/2/RT850T.pdf

Old 12-11-15, 07:06 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,406 Votes on 1,301 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I'm not aware of a self contained unit that will switch that much current. Normally I'd use a contactor but that could be loud and annoying. You may want to consider using a stand alone solid state relay with a small power supply and a thermostat.

Here's an example of a SS relay. I wouldn't consider using anything under 40A. I'd use the 50A model.

RSSDN-50A - IDEC - Solid State Relays | Galco Industrial Electronics

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: