goodman heat put, blowing 3 amp fuse

Old 02-03-16, 05:58 PM
X
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
goodman heat put, blowing 3 amp fuse

I had a goodman 2.5 ton heatpump system installed last summer. The A/C worked without a problem at all, but when I try to switch over to heat it instantly blows the 3 amp fuse. Now I have narrowed down this issues to the blue wire(which is my common wire) I can have the blue outdoor unit connected to the blue indoor unit and it will not blow the fuse, but as soon as I put the blue (common) thermostat wire into the equation it blows out the fuse. Now I have tried a few things already. I replaced the wire and hooked the thermostat up with a 12" piece of thermostat wire with the same results, I even for the hell of it switched the common wire to a spare wire I had extra just to double check that there is no short in the wiring. So my issue has to lie somewhere else. Without the common wire connected the A/C will kick on fine, compressor runs and everything just fine. However in heat mode the air handler will kick on but the compressor will not.

Could there possibly be a short in the blue line leading out to the compressor? If that was the case I would feel like it would short out with that one connected inside, which it is not. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 02-03-16, 07:27 PM
X
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Nevermind, after all this time messing with it, it turns out, the thermostat wasn't working correctly. Switched out the thermostats and the heat kicked right on.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: