Goodman heat pump thermostat issues

Old 02-05-16, 04:24 PM
X
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Goodman heat pump thermostat issues

I have had ongoing issues with this unit and just the other day put a new thermostat on and the heat FINALLY worked. Well I finally decided to run new thermostat wire and move my thermostat. Wired everything back up the exact way it was and now when in heat mode, it does absolutely nothing, not even the blower will kick on. Switch it over to cool and the indoor and outdoor unit kick on instantly. I removed the wires from the thermostat and jumped the red, yellow and green and the unit kicks on in heat mode and runs perfectly. So now I really have no clue what is going on, and don't even know where to start.

Old 02-05-16, 05:15 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
Did you PROGRAM your new stat for heat pump operation ? You need to.

Old 02-05-16, 05:34 PM
X
I didn't change thermostats, all I did was run a new thermostat wire and moved the thermostat, it is the same thermostat that it was just working with last night.

Now I can't even get it to work in cool mode, or get the blower to turn on with the thermostat.

If I jump red, yellow, green the unit works just fine with heat, if I energize the reversing valve it starts blowing cold air like it should, so everything seems okay with the unit itself.

Old 02-05-16, 05:40 PM
X
Well PJ, I feel like a complete idiot now. There is a switch on the back of the thermostat between E and F. For the hell of it I tried switching it over to E and putting it back on, and well guess what, it kicked right on now. I'm not sure how in the world it got switched, because it wasn't easy to flip the switch over.

Old 02-05-16, 09:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
Things happen..... at least it was nothing major.

Name:  EF.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  41.2 KB

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: