goodman heatpump

Old 02-07-16, 07:36 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
goodman heatpump

2 nights ago I had a power outage here at the house..woke in the morn the 3a fuse was blown on the low voltage board in the furnace ..I replaced it.. turned power back on ..BAM blew again on ramp up...and keeps blowing fuse still on ramp up... any ideas what maybe causing ? just start acting up since the power outage..???

Old 02-07-16, 07:43 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Moved to Heat Pumps. .

Old 02-07-16, 07:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

What is "ramp up" ?

Put the stat in OFF. Try FAN ON first. See if that works.
Try removing the stat and replacing the fuse.

You'll need to disconnect wiring to determine where the short is. Don't put a larger fuse in.

Old 02-08-16, 09:25 AM
D
like when the compressor kicks in and the fan is blowing full speed

Old 02-08-16, 10:01 AM
D
yeah after putting it into the off mode and pulling it off the wall..putting in new fuse..reinstalling it on the wall putting it into heat mode and auto fan...it seems to be holding now... lets hope this solves the problems of the fuse continusouly blowing... the last few days I had the heatpump disconnected and was just running off the elements In the duct... heatpump is reconnected now and fuse hasn't blown sooooooo fingers crossed.. thanks for you help buddy

Old 02-08-16, 10:12 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
the last few days I had the heatpump disconnected and was just running off the elements In the duct
That would mean that if the short came back it would most likely be in the condensor wiring. Either in the thermostat cable that feeds it from the air handler or inside the unit itself.

You could also have a reversing valve issue. That valve is only energized in A/C mode or defrost mode and those coils can short out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: