York heat pump evaporator coil replacement

Old 04-15-16, 06:38 PM
I
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
York heat pump evaporator coil replacement

I have a 2 story home, with each it's own heat pumps. Both units, York F2RP042H06B, were installed 10 years ago. Downstairs unit, to date, still working perfectly. But upstairs unit had some issues near 2 years ago.

During the summer the tech replaced the condenser unit. It worked just fine until the winter came, air out the vent were not warm, and condenser unit would frost up. The tech said the coolant were low, after he charged it, we got heat throughout the winter.

Then the summer came again, and there were no cold air out the vent. The tech again said the coolant was low. After recharging it, we had cold air again throughout the summer.

When the winter came back, same issue, no heat. The tech would not respond to my calls, so I decided to venture. Followed instruction online, removed the heating elements. It was filthy, so I gave it a good scrub. I got heat!!! Several times, the AUX on thermostat came on, but eventually it went off.

Now the weather is getting warmer, and yep, no cold air as I suspected. The tech came this time, and sure enough, low on coolant again. So he checked inside unit and said the coolant was leaking at the coils. The option was either replace the coil or he can try to clean it up and fix the leak.

I'd prefer a new coil, but he hasn't been able to find it locally or online, in past 3 days. I also googled around, but couldn't find it. Anyone have an idea where I might be able find it?

Thanks.

Name:  20160415_194856.jpg
Views: 1476
Size:  29.3 KB

Old 04-15-16, 07:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
I'm finding S1-37318112001 as the York part number. Can't find any pics based on that part number.

Is there a part number on that label in the picture ?

Old 04-15-16, 10:04 PM
I
The label shows the model number F2RP042H06B for entire unit, just below it has S008834 99. I did not see any other number on it. I googled the part number you suggested, and no one has a photo of it, but the description sounds about right.

I'm gonna open it back up again in the morning to see if I can find any other part number.

Thanks.

Old 04-16-16, 06:21 AM
D
Old 04-16-16, 09:47 AM
I
PJMax had the right part number, it matches the diagram in the PDF. Thanks.

Found Complete Coil w/ Drain Pan online, they seem to cost around $600-$800.

Thanks for all your help...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: