Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Heat Pumps and Electric Home Heating
Reload this Page >

Water source HP freezes in summer for AC but tech says not an issue for heating?

Water source HP freezes in summer for AC but tech says not an issue for heating?

Old 01-15-17, 04:13 PM
W
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

WE have not been happy with the heat output of our open loop HP and it does not even work in summer for cooling because it freezes up and it is not the filters... so we had a company come to check out and they stated it was a bit small (2.5 ton) what our air source is...yeah we have both.... and when we told him it freezes in the summer he said he would come back in summer and re-charge....does that make sense? if it does not cool right, how can it heat right? any comments? please

Old 01-15-17, 04:56 PM
J
Received 128 Upvotes on 113 Posts
Nope, first thing he should have done is checked with his gauges for low pressure.
Never checked for a dirty slant or A coil?
Time to call someone else that knows what there doing.

Old 01-16-17, 05:53 AM
W
from day one it has not worked right, the installer was me and a friend of mine did the tin work and I told him about the freezing and of course he told me dirty filter...I said what about low charge and he said no it should be right from the factory.... I tred to get him to check pressure to no avail. so I called another CTR. and they said everything is ok but when I told them about freezing in summer they said ok we will come back in summer to test and fill????

Old 01-16-17, 11:00 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
We don't discuss charging or pressures on the DIY site according to administrator directives.

Old 01-30-17, 03:29 PM
W
Might as well delete the thread...tore out the hp and installed wood boiler

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: