Thermostat upgrade - AUX/EMR Heat not working

Old 01-28-17, 04:07 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thermostat upgrade - AUX/EMR Heat not working

I am upgrading from old Janitol Mercury Thermostat [hpt18-60 i believe] with 2 mercury bulbs to a LUX Tx9600TSa. I attached pictures of before and after wiring diagrams. Janitol to lux - Album on Imgur

On Lux Settings, Swing value is set to 9 - 2.25 Deg F and Value offset is set to 4 Deg F.

Air Hander is A30-10
Heat Pump Model is Goodman CPKE30-18 (or possibly CPKE30-1B)
Fan/Fan+Heatpump working after upgrade [Did not try AC since its 30 degrees outside]

Using the old Janitol thermostat, I could enable the Emergency heat by setting to Setting the first switch to heat, and changing it from Norm to Emergency heat [orange light on] and moving thermostat adjust

With this new thermostat, when I turn on Emergency heat, the flame will blink and show Aux symbol but the fan does not turn on now does the eletric meter show heat strips being active. This is also the case with Regular heat pump usage. I can set the thermostat to 10 deg higher than room temp to turn on heatpump and force Aux, the heatpump/fan comes on and the flame blinks and say AUX but no sign of usage of heat strips [from electric meter or holding hand in front of vent]

Anyone have any suggestions or have worked with this combo before. I can supply photos of inside air handler as well, although there is no labeled wiring blocks, just spliced wires . Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-17, 04:23 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,045 Votes on 969 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Not a big fan of that stat.

Try connecting both white and black to W2 terminal.

Old 01-28-17, 07:18 PM
J
Hey thanks for your reply.

I gave that a shot, with them both combined, also tried just interchanging the White and the Black in the W2 socket.

Old 01-29-17, 09:06 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,045 Votes on 969 Posts
You gave that a shot................ and ?

Old 01-29-17, 05:00 PM
J
Oops sorry bout that. Guess I hit submit mid thought.

I had no luck using either, or, or both (white and black) in the w2 socket.

One thing about it is. When I cut on the fan or heat pump, the thermostat makes a loud click (Im guessing its a relay in the thermostat), but when I activate just emergency heat, it never makes a click, it just flashes the flame icon, which means the thermostat is actively calling for em heat