SunTouch WarmWire

Old 04-16-18, 10:20 AM
SunTouch WarmWire

Various sites promoting SunTouch WarmWire recommend the product for installation between joists. Others indicate it can’t be used that way. The ‘Product Selector’ page on the Suntouch site (http://suntouch.com/indoor-solutions/let-us-help-you-with-your-floor-warming-project/ ) recommends WarmWire when wood is entered on the second page in the ‘Type of subfloor under heated area’ field. Pressing the ‘Calculate’ button with a range of entries always returns ‘No kits available’ followed by an assortment of reasons.
I have had no luck contacting them. Can anyone recommend a product for use between floor joists for heating a tiled floor sunroom? On the coldest days just enough to keep plants from freezing would be adequate as we have no intention of using it at those times.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-18, 05:17 PM
Group Moderator
They make a special product for under sub floors or existing floors. It's sized by floor joist spacing and length.

Suntouch Underfloor Heating | Underfloor Heating Installation

Old 04-16-18, 05:52 PM
Group Moderator
I have installed this in my house that had an existing tile floor: Retro Floor Heat | Calorique It works quite well and I have had it for about 10 years or so. You have to buy a special crimping tool to connect the wires to the panels and also buy special individual wires that are rated for use in the walls (Mine is type UF) At the time only 240 volt panels were available but I see now they also come in 120 volt.

Old 04-17-18, 02:57 AM
I finally realized Watts Radiant and Watts SunTouch had a smaller product line than it appeared...at least to me. I was also confused by recommendations from various websites presenting their products. Using the ‘Product Calculator’ included in the SunTouch link in your response results in a recommendation for ‘SunTouch WarmWire’ which the company has stated in separare email is not designed for previously installed floors.
I have decided to investigate other option with a path easier for me to understand and avoid additional expense. I appreciate your help. Thank you PJmax.

Old 04-17-18, 03:02 AM
Thanks Tolyn Ironhand. That looks interesting. I'll check with them..

Old 04-17-18, 11:26 AM
Group Moderator
The product I linked to and Tolyns...... are both designed to install completely under the floor as in a crawlspace or basement..... not just under the actual flooring like most are.

Old 04-18-18, 05:36 AM
After an Internet tour and visits to some poorly designed site calculators it seems SunTouch Underfloor is the only option.
The Calorique product does not have proper UL listing for Canada.
It also seems I have a problem tracking a series of sites all having similar names including heat or warm and floor.
At any rate, we got to where we're going.

Thank you