Goodman air handler

Old 11-11-18, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Goodman air handler

Hi everyone, each year at start of the heating season i have a loud sound like an alarm clock when aux or emr heat comes on. Gotten tired of calling the installer and he just cleans the contactors and leaves. This year i decided to order new contactors and install. I install them and tested. Everything was running fine until i switched on em heat. The breakers kicked off. I believe i had the purple wire from contactor going to the control board connected to wrong line on the contactor inwhich shorted out the control board. The blower will not run at all in any setting but everything else runs fine. Do you think thats right and installing a new control board is all i need or do you think i shorted out the capacitor or the motor ?? Have not checked to see if current is flowing to blower motor in on position due to having not been able to go back under my house but will soon when i recover....... Note have not called another tech cause most in my area are crooks... My wife called a tech while i was in hospital a few years ago. The gas pack unit we had back then would not start. Each year you had to knock a dirt dobber nest out of the sensor hole before it would start. That tech told her we needed a whole new system that the heat exchangers were burned out at a cost of $3000. I knew he was full of SH$T. I checked the exchanger when i got home and they were solid as rock..we later decided to get away from gas and had a heat pump installed which i have now...

Sponsored Links