Turned on heater for first time this year now blower will not shut off

Old 10-12-19, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Turned on heater for first time this year now blower will not shut off

Finally turned on heater for first time this year and I noticed it wasn't kicking off. I checked all switch postions and settings and the blower just will not turn off now. It was working fine today in a/c mode, Kicking on and off as needed. Switched to heat now the fan will not kick off even if you turn the setting to off on thermostat. The only way to turn the fan off is via the fuse box. Even in a/c mode the unit just runs. Set thermostat to off... flip the breaker... unit kicks right on. Replaced thermostat since had extra. No change. Any advice? I know nothing really about this but seems like something simple and the last time I called service it was $330 dollars for him to tell me a 4 inch piece of wire was the issue. Please help... maybe like a Relay?

Last edited by Chris F.; 10-12-19 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-19, 10:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 421 Votes on 394 Posts
I need make and model of furnace.

It sounds like you have an open limit switch. Do you have a sight glass in the blower door ?
Look thru see if there is an LED flashing a trouble code.
Get the visual code before opening the blower door or it will be erased.

You posted in heat pump section. Is this a gas furnace, electric furnace or a heat pump ?

Old 10-13-19, 01:52 PM
Its electric im sorry. In a mobile or trailor house if you prefer. Model number E1EH-015HA.. its producing heat even in off position at thermostat. It has a switch for the fan on the inside of the unit and when this is turned from auto to on with unit off at thermostat the fan does stop blowing tho its still producing heat and u can still hear it has power and see the coils glowing orange. Only way to shut off is via circuit breaker. The selection of the thermostat seems to make no difference. If I posted in wrong section my sincerest apologies

Attached Images  

Last edited by Chris F.; 10-13-19 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Edit for easier reading
Old 10-13-19, 02:20 PM
Group Moderator
I posted a representative diagram. The exact diagram should be on the blower door but what you have there is a stuck sequencer. It's a time delay relay that controls the heat and blower. It is most likely stuck on.

Name:  sqr.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  6.4 KB

Old 10-13-19, 02:26 PM
Thank you for giving me something to look for. Ill update when can and will check back often.

Old 10-15-19, 04:41 PM
How do I know which sequencer to buy as replacement? The one that's in unit. I cant fig out how to post a pic is a double unit connected on both sides by what looks like a wire connecting the two. Its a solid piece. But I dont know how to pick replacement. I have to order online so that makes it harder. I found one that looks the same but how do I know it is? There are so many different ones from 13$ to $50... I know I sound like an idiot im sorry im not familiar with these components tho I do understand their workings. I have plenty of pics of it just dont know how to post them. I tried a website link and it didn't seem to work. Would not display image in preview.
the one at the website looks exactly like it and reads same numbers on top but I dont know the difference in all the 105-106 etc
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07JH35DH6/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by Chris F.; 10-15-19 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Adding link
Old 10-15-19, 04:48 PM
Group Moderator
Follow this for pictures............. How-to-insert-pictures.

The part number will be on the sequencer. It may be hard to read.
Take a bright light and glasses if you need them and write down all the numbers you see on it.

The part in the link specifies your exact furnace. (Part # is on plate)
Nordyne sequencer

Old 10-15-19, 05:45 PM
Still wont let me send photos. Says something about low memory. That may be the one the unit calls for what whats installed is like the one in the link I posted. There is no visible part # anywhere on the plate. I actually pulled the screw our so could see entire plate. Front back top and bottom. No numbers or letters anywhere except whats posted on top of it which matches the one in link I posted perfectly. At this point im bout ready to call the heating air guy but last time he came out it was $330 for a 5 inch piece of wire... ridiculous... ugh this is soooooo frustrating.. I can find a way to get pics up but at this point I dont see the point. Im bout ready to throw in the towel...

Old 10-15-19, 09:59 PM
Group Moderator
Maybe your pictures are too big. I sent you a PM of where you can send the pictures to.

Old 10-20-19, 06:12 PM
Mailed u pics and even pmd you back saying so. No response. Thanks for the help. I phone a friend and got someone to come help. Good bye and thanks for help up til now