Hog Hair Filter

Old 10-01-20, 03:07 AM
S
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Hog Hair Filter

Looking for a cut to size electrostatic filter media. Has anyone used this hog hair filter media from this company?

Thanks

https://hdsupplysolutions.com/Produc...inDfZGzViDQ_D4

Old 10-01-20, 02:53 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
No... I haven't.

By electrostatic filtering...... do you mean this filter media would be in front of the electrostatic section as a pre-filter ?

Usually the filter media is just there to keep large dust particles from getting inside.

SandburRanch voted this post useful.
Old 10-03-20, 01:18 PM
S
Sorry for not getting back sooner but i don't seem to get e-mail notification of replies. If that's possible, help with that is welcome.

Back to the filter question.
Pictured are Hog Hair filters that are electrostatic, have been for several years and I've vacuumed and back flushed with a garden hose many many times but are now failing physically. I'm looking for replacement material to cut to fit. All of the filter warehouse / dealers seem to just Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż like they've never heard of such nonsense. Talk to personnel on the phone about electrostatic Hog hair and get the, UH Well, I'm not sure, or possibly or maybe 20 %. I'm just looking for dependable answers before purchasing a 30 ft. roll. If it's truly electrostatic as i have I'll be glad to buy a 30 ft. roll for $65.00.

Old 10-03-20, 01:28 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
When you reply..... go to the second reply screen..... [[color=#f39c12]Go Advanced].... all the way at the bottom is thread notification. I believe the default is weekly. I changed this thread to instant for you. You can make a global change in your user bio or just select "instant" from the advanced screen for every thread you want instant notification from.

Mine is set to none as I'd get blasted with emails.

That is being used as a pre-filter to keep the large contaminates out of the electrostatic area.
What you've chosen should work fine.

Old 10-03-20, 04:01 PM
S
I've used these Hog Hairs as a pre-filters to $1.75 one inch fiberglass filters for the last 10 or 12 years. The reason I chose this was really by accident. This material was purchased in a auction box of miscellaneous and I cut and fit it to the two 14" X 25" filters that service a 2.5 ton GE HVAC central heat and cooling system to prevent the up and down clanking in those 2 ceiling mounted filters.

I'd never heard of Hog Hair until I researched that years ago. The fiberglass don't look to ever need replacing but I do approximately annually. This pic is of the blower assembly after 37 years of service when it was removed last Fall for bearing lubrication. I've pulled it once and a tech has pulled it twice for oil in those 37 years. I ask the tech doing the service if the evap. coils needed to be checked for dirt and his words were something like; not with a blower that clean.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: