Any recommended Electric blower heater?

Old 10-26-20, 10:35 AM
M
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Any recommended Electric blower heater?

Hey guys, I need a little supplemental heat for sporadic use in a room which does not have a heating vent. This room gets heat from 2 adjoining rooms which have heating vents but at different times during the day one or both doors might be closed so I would need some heat to turn off and on as needed.

I am thinking maybe having a blower heater close to where I'm sitting with the heater blowing in my direction might be best as opposed to a heater which will heat up the entire room.

Reason I don't want a heater heating up the entire room is because in this house the central heating distributes the heat unevenly in every room so this room which doesn't have a vent works best for all of the other rooms when the thermostat kicks off whenever this ventless room's temp goes below 74 degrees.

I have tried both space heaters and those oil filled radiator type electric heaters but they don't work in the right way for me which is why a blowing type heater sound best to me, any recommendations please?

Old 10-26-20, 10:43 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 851 Votes on 786 Posts
Pick the heater you want based on price, appearance and it's features. All electric heaters are going to be the same efficiency so one type is not better than another. And whether it's a small cube heater or if it has a large cabinet all 1'500 watt heaters will produce the same heat. Still, any heater with a fan is going to try and heat the room because it's circulating the air.

You can also consider an infrared heater. They don't use a fan and don't heat the air. Instead you place the heater near you and the infrared will warm you an objects like furniture directly. This is probably the most concentrated and isn't trying to heat the room since it's not blowing hot air around.

Old 10-26-20, 10:55 AM
M
Thanks. I had used a 25k btu propane infra-red ceiling mounted unit in the past in a very cold uninsulated brick garage but it did not work as advertised to heat up a person so I never had much faith in Infrared heaters since then. If that did work then yes I would say it would be the better option than running any heater which needs to warm the air.

Speaking of which the wife had mentioned trying an infrared heater in the garage instead of the current Propane Patio heater but for same reason mentioned I do not have faith in the infrared.

Old 10-26-20, 11:21 AM
M
Did some research and found only 2 heaters with 5 star reviews on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Infrared-Heat...%2C162&sr=8-42

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Os...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I am thinking the 2nd one should be the better option since it uses ceramic technology?

Thing is they both mention heating up the room but not heating up objects.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: