is wired remote plug and play

Old 11-28-20, 07:17 AM
C
Received 10 Votes on 10 Posts
is wired remote plug and play

I have a Carrier mini split model 40MBCQ18-3 ceiling cassette that works fine except the temperature regulation is inaccurate. It is all over the board sometimes 5-10 degrees higher than the set point. Other times similarly lower than the set point. Other times it won't even regulate the unit at all. I understand this is likely because the return air thermistor is located in the indoor unit on the ceiling.

I also have a wireless remote with a "follow me" option that is supposed to use the temperature at the remote for regulation but it does not work any better. I have learned the wireless remote has to be "seen" in order to properly regulate the temp. Verified it receives signals from its location directly below the unit pointed directly at it from 5 feet away.

There is also an optional wired remote with a "follow me" that should provide improved accuracy that I want to install. My question is whether this is a "plug and play" install. The information for the wired remote says it has a 5 conductor cable provided. There is a 4 pin plug receiver on the board in the ceiling cassette labeled labeled CN40 connector for wired remote control with a 4 pin Molex plug. ??? However, there is also a wire with a 5 pin connector that is in the same area that is empty. Is it likely this 5 pin empty connector is also for a wired remote? If so, can I just plug it in and it will work, of do I have to somehow disconnect the internal return air thermistor?

Can any one help me on this? Please

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: