Fan issues after getting new Defrost Board

Old 02-06-21, 05:33 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fan issues after getting new Defrost Board

So here's my issue I just bought a new house and we recently found out that we're having HVAC issues. It started when we tried to turn on heat. The compressor would not kick on only the Aux heat. Now when I turned on the cool the compressor would kick on and I would get cool air the fan would also turn on no issues. Now I called the home warranty company and they sent out a contract A/C repair company and they diagnosed it as a bad defrost control board. They came out today and replaced the board and the heat would finally kick on. Now I went out to check after the tech left to check on it and noticed the fan on the outside unit was not running. I switched over to cool and checked it again and now the fan is not turning on for cool either. I checked the capacitor and it is a 40+5MFD with 5% tolerance. The fan side is showing 4.06MFDs. I already ordered a new one and waiting for it to get here. Do y'all think it is my capacitor or could it be a wiring issue with the new Defrost Board? I'm not sure where to go from here but I don't have much faith in the company they sent out. My outside unit is a Broan FT4BE series Split unit and the new Defrost Board they put in is an Emerson Universal Heat Pump Defrost Control Board. Thanks!

Old 02-07-21, 12:53 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,473 Votes on 1,361 Posts
If it was a cap issue.... you should be able to spin the fan with a stick to start it.
Could it be a wiring problem..... certainly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: