Another 240VAC Electric Baseboard Heating Thermostat?

Old 02-17-21, 03:26 PM
Received 36 Votes on 34 Posts
Another 240VAC Electric Baseboard Heating Thermostat?

I woke up Thursday Morning to the living room being 52°F and the area my cat sleep was about 44-46°F well I called maintenance they want me to use that damn Heat-pump but it will no longer Work

Anyway a few weeks before I remember the thermostat clicking off before even raising the temp 2°F and usually clicked on around 50°F which it was not (after it failed yes!) room was about 65° anyway I kept it on 80°F it took a long time to heat until no heat

anyway can a failing device stop the heater from getting full power?

I bought a new one with my own $ and I have heat again and the room actually take less time to heat now!

HoneyWell CT410B $17. something on Amazon

This is what I found! I popped that cover off as I noticed the red wire burnt well this is the inside! Those red wire control the full off black are for the temperature sensitive contacts! Black made the meter beep when turned past the room temp red nothing in either position

Extra! My cat Jericho a rescued abandoned stray. He sneezes so cold is no good for him He has FIV+ so any little sick or cold can turn into a bigger sick or worse!

Thank You for any insight and yes I'm trying to find another place to live as they are unwilling to fix stuff at all or in a timely and correct manor.

Old 02-17-21, 04:09 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,473 Votes on 1,361 Posts
Those thermostats only have a finite life.
Picture how many times those contacts operate to switch all those amps of power.

Cool cats.

Old 02-17-21, 06:38 PM
Received 36 Votes on 34 Posts
Those thermostats only have a finite life.
Picture how many times those contacts operate to switch all those amps of power.
It was installed in October of 2008 I moved here in July of 2008 the old management actually fixed stuff and with good parts the CT498B 1512 are light commercial grade units with range stops and a locking cover feature.

This had a date of 2007 on it. The breaker is a 20A but the red wires are only actually making contact when on these are not the temperature controlling contacts the black ones are the reds are for the positive or full off.

The box had two black and two white wires and the bare grounds twisted together like a pretzel stuffed into the back of the box.

Why do these use pig tails now I had a old FPE thermostat it used screw terminals with a pressure plate like the better backwire receptacles do. I wish I kept it it was still good but I tossed it because I thought everything with the FPE name was bad. Old the Stab-Lok breakers and load centers are the Thermostats and fuses panels are fine.

Also only one cat two different pictures I also have 2 more like this one under cheap LED Christmas lights and one under my M90 Metal Halide fixture with my Philips Elite 4K Ceramic Metal Halide lamp

The LED He looks dark grey and the blue sheets look dull. the Metal Halide looks even better then this I think it has a CRI of 92 or something like that.

Where he came from there is another grey cat with white "boots" I may grab that one also these are "stray" cats that always hang out at a friends house he said I could take as many as I wanted most have been TNR'ed (Trap Neuter/Spay Release)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: