Bryant 3ton system with code-system malfunction

Old 06-07-21, 04:37 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bryant 3ton system with code-system malfunction

Itís a 598BNX036 and it has a circuit board in the condenser communicating woh the Evolution t-state and furnaceÖ. Iím beat and would like to just bypass all that extra bull crap so it will just runÖ. What do I doÖ also I have 3 capacitors and 2 single pole contractors in one for high and one for low and itís a heat pump

Old 06-07-21, 05:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,599 Votes on 1,473 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Moved you to your own thread.
I am familiar with communicating systems. It is not always easy to just remove them.
I'm trying to locate some wiring info.

Old 06-07-21, 06:39 PM
B
Ok thank you I definitely need the help

But sometimes I get it to start by unscrewing the red wire of off the circuit board in the condenser then back in but my cond. fan wonít work as it hasnít been running from the beginning of my service call.

Old 06-11-21, 11:36 AM
A
WAIT!!

Before you fix it? Make sure it's broken. No one has agreed with you that it needs to be bypassed.

That unit: protects your home, protects your unit from damage (ie, from low freon), and lessens your electric bill (it may implement variable speed fan control)

LET'S MAKE SURE SOMETHING ELSE ISN'T REALLY TO BLAME before bypassing it

I'm unsure of your goal. Are you trying to bypass to TEST your AC components or to connect an old fasioned (honeywell thermostat)?

and let's consider the price of replacing a board if that really is the cuplrit: if that really is your problem (and i doubt it), you can probably find one somehow

If your TESTING, then you don't need ANY bypassing. You only need to look at the wiring diagram on your outdoor unit. Assuming we're talking AC, look for that part about "contactor", find it, depress it, your fan and compressor will turn on. (i assume that since you said 3 capacitors, since a blower fan, which obviously should be running on low speed already, has 1 or 2 caps)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: