24v connector disconnection

Old 01-09-23, 06:35 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question 24v connector disconnection

Hi,
I am newbie homeowner trying diy to change the 24v transformer in the furnace. I got the replacement transformer for the existing part and I am stuck at how to remove and reconnect the pins. I would like to avoid doing something stupid and breaking the connector/wires!

I have some photos for reference below.

Can I use the new tranformer by disconnecting the old one and if yes, how do I establish connection between the pin of new transformer to the corresponding 24v wire of the connector (that has some kind of white jacket around it?

I tried to search for such connections, but, found no results useful for my situation and would really appreciate feedback from pros here!

New transformer

Existing connection. I am not sure how to disconnect and reconnect the blue and yellow wires which appear to have some kind of push-in connection, but the white jacket/cover around it is confusing

Reference photo of the old transformer (not the one that is installed in the HVAC unit) to show the kind of connectors it has which appear totally different from the one in the new transformer.

Old 01-09-23, 11:41 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,324 Upvotes on 2,985 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The blue and yellow connectors will pull apart. They look to be the same type of flat quick slide.
However...if you can't get them apart.... cut the wires at the connectors.... cut the ends off the new transformer and wire nut them together.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: