Pressure treated Mini Split condenser stand -

Old 02-19-24, 05:22 AM
M
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Pressure treated Mini Split condenser stand -

Hi all,
I'm looking to install a mini split unit but because it's winter I can't, or don't want to lay down a cement pad for the condenser until the weather get better. It's consistently under 23 degrees at night and about 40 tops during the day, it's usually below freezing. I ran across this guy making a mini split stand out of PT lumber and this seems like a good alternative to a cement pad. I would still need cement for the posts but if I go under the frost line and fill the holes with blankets the cement should settle just fine. Is there any reason I wouldn't do this?

Old 02-19-24, 07:31 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,267 Upvotes on 1,207 Posts
That looks fine to me but I do have to make one correction - you're talking about concrete, not cement - cement is just one ingredient which makes up concrete.

Old 02-19-24, 07:36 AM
Received 391 Upvotes on 340 Posts
If the ground is frozen you may have to wait until spring to dig the post holes. You could put the condenser on a temporary wood structure now and build the new one up to it later.

Old 02-19-24, 08:15 AM
M
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Correct, I'm talking about concrete.

I already tested, the ground isn't frozen, I could dig the holes with no issues...assuming I don't hit a boulder of course.

Old 02-19-24, 12:46 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,982 Upvotes on 3,574 Posts
Just as aside.... based on snowfall.... with a heatpump you don't want the condenser on the ground as it will get snowed under.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: