Rheem unit issue need advice

Old 03-31-24, 10:37 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Rheem unit issue need advice

When it rains it pours, wanted to tell you all thank you on advice from previous post and i have one more issue;

I've had the HVAC company that installed my unit 5 years ago come to chck my heater because it was not starting.
Recently, they have been coming back since December 2023 trying to figure out why my machine is doing this idle, it sounds like it is trying to start, trying to kick over. the gas would go, then it would stop or it would idle, you hear the rumble and it stats, air blows and then, stop
The unit will choose when to start, I set at 74 , and some days it will go full cycle or full stop.

So far what they had replaced:
The scrubbers, the filters, they check the vents,they checked the pilot, the igniters, they suggested I open every vent even in rooms, even the ones I do not use.
,they adjusted the pressure to 3.5,
replaced a motherboard (circuit) and replaced a thermostat
The unit is clean, vents are clean, they moved the gauge because they felt it was maybe reading too hot and they still can't figure it out
now they're talking about rewiring the ground wiring? I went to go check inside the unit to reset real quick Just to see. and noticed there was a bunch of new wiring that they had installed inside in there that wasn't there before that I could barely see the display for any errors.
Not sure I want them to do anything else, I trying t reach Rheem at this point because I'm nervous I would post video here but I am going to link a youtube in a few

Old 03-31-24, 01:36 PM
B
I'm guessing you have PVC pipe supplying the fresh air and handling the exhaust.

I had a similar problem with my TRANE.

The air intake and exhaust pipes filled with water to the point where it broke the Nylon straps holding them up across the basement.

I lifted the pipes and I believe all of the water flowed into the furnace and out the drain hole. However, a bit of water also was sucked into the pressure sensor (used to verify the fan is running). I removed the tube, emptied the water, reassembled and all is fine.

Good Luck. Mike

Old 03-31-24, 04:07 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,999 Upvotes on 3,589 Posts
I'll probably need to move this thread if it's a home furnace/split A/C system.
I'll need the furnace model number. It's inside on an ID tag on the side wall near the burner.

Old 04-01-24, 07:59 AM
PJmax yes, it is but they are separate when they conducted ther test the AC worked no issue
also I am going to correct my " rain pours comment, I didnt mean to confuse anyone, no water in the system. I meant rain pours as in the amount of stuff I was dealing with and I thank you
I wil try to get the model number

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: