Closed threads up the whazoo

Old 06-21-13, 11:15 AM
Closed threads up the whazoo

What's with the recent rash of discussion-proof new closed threads in this discussion forum?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-13, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
What do you mean??? Can you link an example?

Old 06-21-13, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator
That's Sharp Advice the Forums Admin Super Guru. He must have some time on his hands...or is trying to draw a few more search hits.

Tips and Tricks is more of a "Handy Hints" thing. Not really much discussion goes on here. Questions and problems are posted in the appropriate Forum.

Old 06-21-13, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by lawrosa

What do you mean??? Can you link an example?
Don't you mean "Can you post a picture?"

Attached Images  
Old 06-21-13, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator
No...he meant link to an example...like this...Hints, Tips and Tricks - DoItYourself.com Community Forums or this...http://www.doityourself.com/forum/hi...m-tea-tub.html

But I already explained what's up...so the question is moot.

Old 06-21-13, 05:03 PM
I think it is a pertinent question. SA has been posting the same thing in multiple forums, a clear violation of the forum rules. He then closes the thread so that no one can comment on the single post. He gets away with it because he is the Forum Administrator where any regular member would be dinged, as I probably will be for posting my opinion.

Old 06-21-13, 05:49 PM
Group Moderator
I almost deleted a couple of them before I realized who was posting them.

Old 06-22-13, 08:29 AM
Admin Emeritus
Thumbs up

What's with the recent rash of discussion-proof new closed threads in this discussion forum?
Answer: Correctly stated in quote below too!...Thanks Vic...

Tips and Tricks is more of a "Handy Hints" thing. Not really much discussion goes on here. Questions and problems are posted in the appropriate Forum.
The postings are NOT questions. No questions are being asked. They are just Hints, Tips and Tricks. FYI: This topic was at one time a forum where one would make such a post and it would automatically be closed. Problem was, those whom did not READ the original rules of the forums way back then and the others like it, (at one time there where four) would make a new post asking a question about a closed post......

Then, making matters worse, members would include a question!!! () and there is/was no moderator(s) willing to monitor nor managing the forums. And even worse yet, none of the existing mods monitoring nor manging them either...

So. Final Results, I deleted one forum entirely, then turned the current three into regular forums like all the rest...

Quote from the late and great Paul Harvey:
"And Now You Know The Rest Of The Story."

Two more notes.

Furd:
Not a violation of the rules.... :NO NO NO:
Since they are NOT duplicates of a question or questions. Each got posted here and then once again into a related forum for those whom do not read other forums but could benefit from the info provided... No Questions, Comments, Remarks, etc wanted, needed nor allowed. Info posted solely for someones benefit if they want to use it.

any regular member would be dinged, as I probably will be for posting my opinion.
And NO, :NO NO NO: you will not be DINGED...LOL! for posting an opinion...

Hi; Ray
YIKES!

I almost deleted a couple of them before I realized who was posting them.
RASH??????? The DIY WHAZOO RASH.... GOOD GRIEF!!! Linus said to Charley Brown.

Positive Note:
Fortunately no medical attention needed or required...

Negative Note:
Unfortunately, like any RASH, it does not often go away quickly. Often times a RASH gets worse before getting better...

Additional benefits. Interests in reading the forums. I do the deep archive searches on the site, in the archives, on the data banks and among those saved onto the hard drives for you. Hopefully info provided is a benefit to many and an encouragement to other members to post their own hints-tips and tricks.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 06-22-13 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-22-13, 10:19 AM
Admin Emeritus
The original hints-tips and tricks forum rules in an announcement as it was years prior when I initially and/or originally created the forum non interactive forum topics.

ANNOUNCEMENT HEADING:

PSST! Read Announcement Before Posting

ANNOUNCEMENT:
Hints, Tips and Tricks Forum Usages And Intentions Update.

Subjects Covered:

Forum Rules, Usages and Intentions.

Usages and Intentions Explained and Defined.

****The No Sniveling Rule Explained....

Hello and Welcome Friends, Visitors and Guests:

The intent of this NON-Interactive topic is to have one centralized location, to share only Hints, Tips and Tricks pertaining to projects, tasks, jobs and or topics on this web site.

****This forum DOES NOT EXCEPT QUESTIONS!

****In order to maintain the forums original intent of NOT being interactive, I would greatly appreciate NOT asking nor posting any questions in this forum.

****Ask questions ONLY in the appropriate forum relevant to the topic of your question please.

****ANY and ALL questions posted within this forum, will be MOVED to another forum, based upon it's topic and at my discretion. There will be absolutely NO exceptions made.

If you would like to add any additional input information or a suggestion to another persons topic, please post it using a new topic, on the same subject.

Be advised that this topic, as well as the other 3 topics, within the category of NON Interactive Forum topics, are moderated daily and as needed, for content and compliance, in a fashion in which the forum was originally intended to be used.

****Should there be any violation to the forum rules, that posting will either be MOVED and or DELETED as needed. In doing so, I can maintain the integrity of the topics posted.

Keep in mind that this topic, as well as the other 3 forum topics, where designed and intended to operate without much attention needed. Your adherence, participation and consideration in this matter would be very much appreciated.

****Inappropriate postings containing ads, advertisements, solicitations of any type are NOT except-able on this web site or within any of my forum topics. Any posting containing such will be deleted.

****NO EXCEPTIONS!!!! & NO SNIVELING!!!!....

Should there be any disagreements with or oppositions to, the operational applications, functions or intentions set forth herein, as they apply to this topic or any current or future NON-interactive topics, I'm may or may not be open to suggestions.

****However, be advised, the ****No Sniveling Rule shall be in effect at ALL times. Which means you may not get your way...

I hope you enjoy and participate in any or all 4 of these Non interactive topics. I encourage you to share your information.

Note to our new and first time visitors. Each and everyone one of us on this web site welcomes you. We all encourage you to visit our web site often and participate with us. Kindly invite others to visit also.

Old 06-22-13, 04:48 PM
Sounds like a grumbler without a point or area of expertise that would rather disagree instead of reading, listening or make constructive offerings.

Dick

Old 06-22-13, 06:10 PM
Group Moderator
Just so nobody will feel left out, this thread is closed.

Old 06-22-13, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator
Not understanding why this thread is closed ray??? Could you enlighten us????

Post 10 and 11 telling it like it is maybe????

Hmmm scary IMO...

Old 06-23-13, 05:42 AM
Admin Emeritus

Not understanding why this thread is closed ray??? Could you enlighten us????
Thread closed??????????? Good Grief!!!

I agree with you Mike. WONDERING WHY myself????????? Why did you closed it RAY???

Also wondering why so many are confused or wondering why the forums and/or postings in the first place. These topics and the forums provide a place for sharing DIY projects and or sharing hints and tips on many topics.

FYI: Just because the site is for asking questions and getting answers does not exclude what is and or can be provided within these 3 forum topics. How confusing to some can that be?

Thread has been re-opened and shall remain as such. Let the discussions resume...
If any of you have something helpful to share with the rest of us, kindly do so...

Old 06-23-13, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator
There is way too much whining and complaining that is routinely followed by "show me the rules where it says that" !!!

The key to the rules is that in the rules title it says "
Forum Rules, Usages and Intentions.
I'm not specifically referring to this thread when I say a legitimate complaint is one thing, but failing to interpret the rules then whining about nothing is getting pretty old.

Greg

Old 06-23-13, 07:22 PM
I feel ANY topic is more honest and somehow validated if it is open for discussion. The internet is cram full of opinions and misinformation but one aspect that makes discusson forums valuable is the aspect of "peer review". A false post wont last long without being challenged by an "expert".

A topic created and closed COULD be inaccurate, and IMO suspicious. Its out of place in a discusson forum. DIY has the regular "tips"-format on the regular website.

Old 06-25-13, 07:11 AM
Admin Emeritus

Sounds like a grumbler without a point or area of expertise that would rather disagree instead of reading, listening or make constructive offerings.
Excellent observation and right on the mark.... Dick. Thanks...

Guy:
You're fully entitled to you opinion.
Based upon your description of what YOU think all web sites should be, including this one, I think you have a misguided perception about us. This site is for do it yourself projects, tasks etc. Answers provided by professionals to members. Along with a forum of members to share among each other helpful hints, tips and or tricks.

It is becoming clearly obvious you think you found a site where you and others like you, should be able to post (spam) on the site solely your opinions and not provide any beneficial or helpful suggestions & advice to your fellow peers, you're incorrect... You have lost your way pilgram.... This is not the place...:NO NO NO:

Instead, read the helpful advice, hints, tips and tricks posts within this forum, apply what benefits you and while you're at it, post any you have to benefit your peers. If you are unable to, unwilling to or have nothing positive nor beneficial to share with your peers, my suggestion to you is disembark my DIY ship at the next port. And take anyone else like you with you...

Discussion Ended.

Kindly excuse me now. Finished in the basement archives exhuming and resurrecting helpful advice, hints, tips and tricks provided by members to their peers. Next stop, the attic archives....

Old 06-25-13, 08:54 AM
Group Moderator
I just thought SA had some terminal disease and was just trying to get all his wisdom out there before it was too late.

Old 06-29-13, 09:41 AM
Admin Emeritus

Up Date To Thread Note:

As noted, several additional Hints, Tips & Tricks closed threads have been added. Read, pick and choose those of interests to you and if you like share those you have or some you use that can benefit the members of the DIY community...

Also, as noted above in post #8,
"Unfortunately, like any RASH, it does not often go away quickly. Often times a RASH gets worse before getting better"... Improvements noted...

Additionally, some members will disagree with and/or object to closed threads... Often as a result of a lack of ability to post replies, comments, opinions and/or remarks, etc. Some just simply have to always have the LAST word to be satisfied... We shall see.

LMAO! HA HA...
I just thought SA had some terminal disease and was just trying to get all his wisdom out there before it was too late.
Rest assured. Still alive, well, kicking and posting. Have not yet "ASSUMED" room temp.... DIY WHAZOO RASH is showing signs of improvements.

Old 07-10-13, 07:05 AM
Admin Emeritus

As noted above:

DIY WHAZOO RASH is showing signs of improvements.
DIY WHAZOO RASH is now showing almost complete Remission... A few recently submitted and posted. Not one member self submitted and posted by themselves as of yet....

Signs of members lack of enthusiasm to share???....