Artificial Christmas tree repair ideas needed

Old 01-23-17, 11:30 AM
Question Artificial Christmas tree repair ideas needed

Our artificial tree has four parts, the center trunk of the top three layers ends in a spike that joins the center trunk of the next lower level. Last year I decided to purchase a cover for the tree that would allow us to keep the tree in one piece. The base stand, which forms the bottom of the cover, has wheels which is supposed to help us move the tree from the garage to the house intact.

Unfortunately, in moving the tree into the house this Christmas, the top tier broke off. The stake and bottom of the trunk of the top part is imbedded in the top part of the next lower level and we cannot remove it. The tree was too expensive to just throw away and I was wondering if there is a way to repair this. The top of the trunk of the lower tier is 1.5" in diameter. The bottom of the trunk of the top tier (that's left) is 1.25" in diameter.

Right now I have two pvc pipe pieces, 1.5 and 1.25 inches in diameter. I was thinking of putting the larger piece over the trunk of the lower tier, join the wider pipe with the narrower piece, and inserting the trunk of the upper tier in the narrower pipe. (I can imagine someone reading this laughtig).

Any ideas what I should do?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-17, 11:43 AM
Group Moderator
Can you post some pictures of the damaged areas? What is your tree's trunk made of? Once we know what your tree is made of and how it's broken we'll be better able to help.

Old 01-23-17, 11:46 AM
Group Moderator
Old 01-23-17, 06:21 PM
Ok, will send pix. Have to get my husband to separate the next tier so I can show how the tiers connect - in addition to the broken part.

Old 01-23-17, 08:19 PM
Group Moderator
Some pictures to show how most are put together. Nothing but the finest plastics.

Name:  xmas1.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  31.0 KB

Name:  xmas2.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  33.4 KB

Name:  xmas3.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  33.8 KB