Burnt food stuck to the cooking glass bowl,.......

Old 01-29-18, 08:13 PM

Pyrex Glass bowl for cooking the food into the oven,…… Burnt food stuck and now not getting it out,…. please find attaché d herewith the pictures of burnt food surfaces stuck to the utensil,which was bought hardly a month ago and had used 1-2 times only… 7 pictures here :https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater I soaked in soapy warm to hot water for nights and still not going away.. I took other 4 pictures and its not working,.. food stains are not going away,..... you can see 4 pics here :: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater I am soaking the bowl in
dish detergent + baking soda + lemon peel's old stored liquid-crust mixes...
and making it soaked and wet for last 4+ daysand then eventually also soft brushing with a cloth washing brush,..
but it seems not to have been working at all,....

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-18, 08:16 PM

Old 01-30-18, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator
Take dishwasher soap...(the powder, not the liquid...cheap is fine), put about 1/2 cup in the dish in the sink. Run hot water into dish and stir the powder around to somewhat dissolve it and distribute it evenly. Let soak as long as possible, at least overnight, a full 24 hrs if possible. If it's not soft enough to remove with a sponge, you can use a fresh SOS type pad, but you need to keep it very sudsy so as not to scratch the glass. The soap in the pad acts as a lubricant.

You can also use something like Calgon Bath beads or an off brand of such.

If those don't work, last resort is an oven cleaner spray like Easy Off. Don't use the "no fumes" type, it's not as effective.

If that doesn't work, trash it and by another at Walmart for about $7-8.

Old 01-30-18, 04:39 AM
Group Moderator
I would use oven cleaner. Spray it on and let it sit for a few hours then scrub with steel wool/SOS pad.

Old 01-30-18, 07:27 AM
Someone said,...
Use lemon juice, white Vinegar with some baking soda, I don't have specific measurement, just throw in as much as you want (realistically), it's glass, soak it for a couple of hours and then try cleaning it with a toothbrush.

don't have vinegar but rest has tried,....

Dunno next be,.. WD40 ?,.. Clorox, Easy-off, Bleach, Comet? I hate to try those toilet thingies on food vessels and hence hesitated,...

This was a perfect size bowl for my small riight size, portatble Toaster oven and had paid 9-10 bucks, hence..

Old 01-30-18, 07:30 AM
I guess,.. WD40, Clorox, or " Easy-Off ( more chance of success ) " can perhaps also work efficiently, but the problem is, theerafter you will hesiate to cook eating food in it,.....

Pyrex says,.. they will send me the sample of this something,... but dunno how long it can take and may/may not work,..

Bar keeper Cleanser...This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

Old 01-30-18, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator
I once had a pot with burnt on sugar, and put in water, vinegar and baking soda and boiled it. It worked, but don't think you can boil glass, but maybe a long soaking will work. Anyways, you will need the vinegar. Without it, it won't work.
Or use the Easy Off as 2 people already recommended this. It won't soak into the glass, and just wash it well 2 or 3 times afterwards.
Not sure if you greased your pan first, but it does help to spray it with some Pam or something first before baking.

Old 01-30-18, 07:42 AM
WD 40 is not always effective,....

My pressure cooker's longer handle's screw
and and a pop-up button ( screw-in assembly ) in the pressure cooker's lid,...I am trying for months ( soaking and spraying with WD 40 ) and still not opening,..

Sometimes Coke even works better and faster..

Old 01-30-18, 07:47 AM
Yess,..... i always do,.. I had greased with oil, but it was used in an almost right size of tight portable toaster oven, and the food was needing the long time cooking at low temperature,.. so naturally the portion close to the filament cooks very hard way.......

next time, I may make a thinner layer of food,...so I do not need to cook for more time and hence,.... it may not happen,..

Old 01-30-18, 09:28 AM
I have had very good success with using a healthy splash of vinegar, a squirt of dish soap and hot water. Let is sit at least overnight. Then use the scrubby side of a sponge. May take a couple of times.

Old 01-30-18, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator
WD 40 is not always effective,....
Umm, I never mentioned WD40.? I don't think anyone did.

Old 01-30-18, 09:39 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
This thread is also on another forum which is where using WD40 was mentioned.

Old 01-30-18, 09:40 AM
Group Moderator
Am I missing something regarding using an acid like lemon juice or vinegar mixed with a base (baking soda)? You'll get the abrasive properties of the baking soda but the acid and base will neutralize each other making the lemon juice or vinegar useless. You might was well just use baking soda and water.

Old 01-30-18, 09:43 AM
Group Moderator
I don't know what the fascination with all these strange products are, when oven cleaner is the only thing that is needed.

Old 01-31-18, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator
Now 15 posts to clean a baking dish ???.......sent it to me and I
I'll clean it for you!! 😊

I agree......oven cleaner will remove the burnt food and aluminum foil when high temperature baking will prevent a reoccurance.

Old 01-31-18, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator
aluminum foil when high temperature baking will prevent a reoccurance.

I finally tried the non-stick foil about a year ago. What a difference...baked foods just slide off, no added oil or greasing needed. No more sticking biscuits or new potatoes.

Gave new life to my old baking sheets and metal pans.

Old 01-31-18, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator
I also use the non-stick foil on occasion, but also use parchment paper when I need more browning.

Old 02-01-18, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator
Hmm.....You never stop learning.
After 18 posts now about cleaning a baking dish I learned there is such a thing as non-stck foil !

Technology is amazing. 👍

Old 02-01-18, 08:19 PM
Amazing ! Never herad or seen before,...
https://www.bakedeco.com/detail.asp?...SABEgJp6fD_BwE

Old 02-02-18, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator
We're just talking Reynolds Wrap non stick foil on a tube. Wouldn't pay $10 for that!

Old 02-02-18, 08:50 AM
We're just talking Reynolds Wrap non stick foil on a tube. Wouldn't pay $10 for that!
After looking at the price of Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick 95 Sq Ft Aluminum Foil Roll, $9.87, it might be more cost effective.

Old 02-02-18, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator
Well I don't use it that much, but I buy the 35 sq ft roll when it's on sale (there's always a good sale someplace, sometime), so it's not that much in the end. Plus I use it for convenience. Use it and toss it. The other one has to be cleaned and scrubbed. Might as well not use it if there's work involved. Just my 2 cents!

Old 02-02-18, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator
After looking at the price of Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick 95 Sq Ft Aluminum Foil Roll, $9.87
I think there's an issue with your PC or your shopping habits Ron...lol. It's only $3.87 at Wally World and the house brand is only $2.97. And as Becky said...it's often on sale somewhere.

I have a couple of the reusable mats also, picked 'em up on clearance for about $2 for a pack of 2. Have only used them once so far. Work just fine, no sticking or additional oil needed, but do require cleaning.

Old 02-02-18, 09:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Maybe off subject but I have never owned a toaster oven. There are better appliances.
If you want to cook on the counter check out a "Turbo Oven". They are popular with the Asian community.

A turbo oven will cook meat and poultry to perfection and are easy to clean. The lid has a fan that circulates the hot air and will sear the meat and keep the juices inside. It's easy restaurant quality food.

Old 02-02-18, 08:09 PM
The best bet be,… don’t be greedy,… Be it Cake, biscuit, Asian food item like Handava,….

Don’t increase the thickness,. And by that way,…keep the baking time minimal,… also wisely . .

Determine the temp, ( prefer low temp and high duration,… than high temp and low duration.. ) also boil only / bake only feature,.. while looking at the item every 15 minute interval and then run either boil only or bake only,…. depending upon the look – whether the food is already baked at bottom or top,…. .

Though,.. I have no problem with Toaster oven, as it’s more economical and efficient, as the room chamber is small, to keep the temperature,….. so every time you save the energy / money. Black and Decker and some good company, makes very good small ovens,.

Old 02-03-18, 10:37 AM
I think, I will wait 2-3 more days,… let it soak the way it is,..and then scrub it ( without using any Bleach/Clorox. Easy off ,.. or such toilet and oven cleaners harsh products,…. ) And, let Pyrex send me that Bar Cleaner’s Powder that they promised, till time,..

Btw, while we are talking the same subject and matter,.. other a very similar problem, which we all face,… is about all steel utensils which gets burnt and having brown and black spots all around, and even the inner surface many a time,.. where you actually cook the eatables,….
Few pictures below of such daily many typical utensils,… from Tea-kettle to Cooking pan to Cooker,…
.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

How do you tackle effectively with this kinda daily problem also?
Please narrate your experience sand EZ solutions that worked for you,..
Thank you all,…

Old 02-03-18, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator
I use Bon Ami for stainless steel. Works great!

Old 02-11-18, 08:41 AM

Solved and resolved.

As per the below pic, 95 percent burnt stuff was gone by
Lemon peel crust + baking soda + dishwashing shops
….And soaking for 10+ days and rubbing eventually with alu. Foil.

Rest 5% remainder was there and I used the sample powder shown in the picture extremely little, and it was all gone,….

Thx all for suggestions and learning ride,..

Search this Thread