Wet Sand

Old 08-30-00, 09:32 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

In finishing a wood frame, the term "wet sand" is used. What is meant by this.
Old 09-01-00, 07:02 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Go to the hardware store and look in the sandpaper rack for a sandpaper listed as wet/dry. Normally it is black and feels almost smooth. You actually dip it in water and use it wet to give a mirror finish - that final silk like finish - to your final protective coating.

You don't have to be sloppy but make sure the sandpaper and surface you are working on is always wet by re-dipping the sandpaper in water periodically. It is also sometimes used between coats of finish depending on the instructions you are following but normally is part of the final step.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: