Sound Deadening Ideas

Old 03-07-04, 01:39 PM
Johnnykick
Visiting Guest
Sound Deadening Ideas

Our church has a large activity center for basketball, volleyball, dinners, etc. When constructed about 10 years ago, we installed some large acoustic Styrofoam panels around the room to absorb the excess noise. They work reasonably well, but we would still like to absorb more of the noise.

Those panels are now dirty and some are damaged from the sports activity and require replacing. What other options are available to reduce the noise that may have come on the market since we constructed the facility?

Thanks.

Old 03-10-04, 10:22 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thanks for your question..........i've been waiting to see if someone could come up with any ideas for you, but i see they haven't. and i don't either. i would suggest that you get a hold of the company that built your building, or a similar commercial construction company, and see if they have any up-to-date information for you.

Old 06-19-04, 08:20 AM
Komee
Visiting Guest
Sound Proofing

Check out this site. Extreme Soundproofing

Old 06-19-04, 08:30 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You dont say what the wall is there are what you can do.
For a sound wall you lay out the wall on 2X6 plates and use 2X4 stud's stager them 16" on center side to side then weave unface insulation in the stud's. This would be for all inside walls. Like room to room

ED

Old 08-21-04, 12:58 AM
K
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Do you want to stop sound from travelling through the walls, or stop it from bouncing around in the room? Different problem; different solution. If the existing styrofoam is smooth-faced, it will do little to deaden noise inside the room itself.

Old 08-21-04, 05:55 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

You can put carpet on the wall that helps

ED

Old 08-25-04, 06:37 PM
S
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Sound Absorbing Panels

I just installed some large (one was 4x8 feet) "acoustic panels" in a large echoey office
They work wonders
These are sound absorbing panels covered in an "acoustically transparent fabric" that you can attach to the walls (or ceilings)
Check out www.acousticsfirst.com
You'll see they do everything but look for Respond Panels

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: