Hanging Pictures

Old 07-02-05, 05:35 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hanging Pictures

The icon to the left indicates how I feel about hanging pictures in a straight line.

You see ads everywhere for the new lazer levels that project a straight and level line on the walls of our homes.

Where I seem to have difficulty is with the installation of the picture hooks on the wall and then hanging the pictures on the hooks.

OK, the hooks are mounted pretty much level, but what's to say that the wire on the back of the pictures is exactly the same length.

Could someone please give me a foolproof method of hanging pictures. This has eluded me for several years.

Ted

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-05, 06:57 AM
try one of these . or, make a simpler version in about 5 minutes. all you'd need would be a 2x4 with a nail hammered into it far enough that just the tip of the nail is sticking through the back. then hang the picture on it and position it where you want and then push it against the wall so the nail tip makes a mark on the wall. if you can't just push the picture enough without damaging it, maybe put something on the nail tip that will leave a mark with less effort, like pencil lead or chalk. just be careful to not drag it over the wall & mark it all up!

i think i saw this idea on a tv show somewhere.......

hope that helps!

Last edited by Annette; 07-05-05 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-05-05, 02:02 PM
E
Hah! I came here today because I had this exact question, so thanks to both of you are in order. I think I'm gonna rig something up for myself, as this one will approach $20 shipped.

Old 07-09-05, 11:29 PM
K
Originally Posted by Annette
all you'd need would be a 2x4 with a nail hammered into it... the nail tip makes a mark on the wall
Brilliant.