fabric poster

Old 12-20-05, 04:35 AM
Mariarc
Visiting Guest
fabric wallpaper

My question a bit peculiar one.. I have a big poster - 3m50cm X 2m40cm - taken from a billboard. It is made of waterproof fabric and I want to put it on the wall of my TV room. Which is the best method to hang it on the wall? I was thinking to ‘glue’ it but it may destroy the wall and even more the fabric will not perfectly fit on the wall (it will look wavy). Please give me your ideas and proposals.

Old 12-20-05, 06:47 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
You need to determine what type of fabric it is, or what substrate the graphic is printed on, to be able to determine how to install and what products to use.

Old 12-21-05, 08:32 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i wouldn't glue it directly to the wall. it sounds more like art, and you'd want to be able to take it with you or even just move it to a different room sometime.

i'd treat it more like a tapestry and hang it. either attach a dowel or 2x2 piece of wood to the top edge and hang it - any wrinkles will enhance the fact that it's fabric.

or if you want it as flat as possible, adhere the whole thing to 1/4" plywood or something thin & rigid (i'm thinking heavy duty construction adhesive and then lay something heavy on top of it til it dries), and then hang that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: