Any ideas.[framing/hanging license plate]

Old 01-12-06, 10:39 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Any ideas.[framing/hanging license plate]

At Christmas, my son was in Seattle, and found a NY license plate laying on the ground. He gave it to me as a Christmas Present while I was in Vancouver but I have now taken it back to Regina.

All the above means nothing.

End result is I have a banged-up NY license plate with a bit of a family story and I'd like to do something with it.

Any ideas?

I was just going to frame it and hang it in the bsmt.

Old 01-18-06, 11:39 AM
i've seen garages, dens, offices, basement rec rooms and some kitchens decorated with old nostalgic metal signs (advertisements as well as traffic signs) and license plates. none of them were framed, though. if you only have the one, and have no intention on turning it into a collection of similar items, or even grouping it with other antiquey type items, then framing it will in fact, give it a little more importance as a single item, but don't use glass. put it in more of a shadow box with an open front, to keep it casual.

i have to ask: how old is your son?

Old 01-21-06, 11:42 PM
K
Next Christmas, mail it to some other distant family member. And so on.

Old 01-22-06, 10:18 PM
He's 23 Annette and they were actually driving to watch Seattle and the Colts play on Christmas Eve when they found it.The whole plate thing was getting lots of laughs and jokes at christmas so maybe its is a good tradition to start sending it around the country as a gift.

I like both ideas.Thanks

Just as an aside, I was doing an inspection of a rental place that sits on a major corner in the city. Myt tenants, some young guys, had taken down the street-name signs from the street corner and mounted them on a corner wall in the living room so they were geographically correct.

Believe it or not, it actually looked really neat, not trashy or junky. Creative minds at work.

Thanks Again.

Old 01-23-06, 10:47 AM
very creative.........and VERY illegal.

Old 01-23-06, 10:42 PM
Yes.
They have plenty of other street signs around the house but they are moving out March 1 and I'm heading in to do a makeover. Signs will be gone I'm sure.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: