hardware for dresser

Old 06-24-00, 10:55 AM
Visiting Guest
Can anyone tell me where to get catalogs or info on hardware for a dresser? Home Depot only carries stuff for cupboards and drawers, and as this is an old handmade dresser, I have the feeling the size of the pulls I need will be hard to find. You may email me also at SHall79420@aol.com. Thanks!

Old 07-08-00, 02:37 PM
Visiting Guest
Wink

You will need the following information: 1. If your hardware has two holes for attachment you will need the distance center to center for the holes. 2. The thickness of the wood you are mounting on. 3. If there was a decorative backing plate that has left an outline you will need size and outline to be able to cover it. Try: 1. Renovator's Supply, Box 2515, Conway, NH 03818 1-800-659-2211. 2.www.oldhousejournal.com 3.www.tias.com 4. www.oldtyme.com Also, you can check ads in Colonial Homes, Early
American Homes, Traditional Homes, Country Living, and This Old House magazines for sources.

Old 08-14-00, 09:29 PM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

If you have any "Antique" malls or junk shops near you, they usually have boxes of old hardware for dressers. Depending on what you're looking for and quanity, prices vary. I found several for a friend in the same situation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: