venetian blind face-lift

Old 10-13-00, 12:09 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

We have just moved into a house with 17 sets of venitian blinds ( plastic & mainly burgundy) Is it possible to jazz them up using spray paint? Any advice much appreciated.

Junie

Old 10-15-00, 05:31 AM
Visiting Guest
Yes you can spray paint them using a spray enamel. A pain in the butt though and replacing them may end up being less expensive as those plastic ones are only a few dollars each. The same price as a can of spray paint.
IF they are a few years OLD, I would toss them out anyways. If they are older blinds they MAY contain lead in the PVC. These blinds have been recently changed to only contain vinyl without the lead content. The lead can powder as the blinds age.
My best advice is to replace.
Rainie

Old 11-10-00, 12:05 AM
Visiting Guest
Smile

If you have not replaced the blinds yet, try this:
We smoke and they get discolored quickly. About twice a year I take them all out and hang them on nails I mounted on the side of my wooden shed out back. (Just as if I was hanging them in the house). I spritz them with a bottle of bleach and take the hose to them. Turn them around and do the other side. I hang them on the clothes line to dry. Voila! Just like new! Alternatively, you can fill the tub with bleach water and soak them, then run the shower to clean them off. Be careful not to OVER BLEACH them.. the cords can deteriorate rapidly with too much bleach.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: