Shelf paper -removal

Old 07-19-09, 09:04 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Shelf paper -removal

I have just installed some inexpensive wood veneer kitchen cabinets, and protected (i hope) several of the shelves with "Magic Cover" Self Adhesive Decorative Covering, used as shelf paper. The roll says "Easy to apply and remove." Do you know whether this paper is removable (ie by simply peeling off) after it has been on the shelf for a long period? I have panicked; maybe I need to take it off right now while I can, and use something non-adhesive.

Thanks for your help...

Old 07-19-09, 09:17 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I can't comment on that specific product but will say that the term "decorate cover" may be a cause for concern.If it was "Shelf liner" you'd be fine because the adhesive is similar to a post-it note and easily removable.Decorative Cover could be similar to contact paper which is difficult to remove.

That said these terms are not set in stone so this particular product may be different.I suggest experimenting and see how well it removes in a small area you can redo if needed.Time will not change the remove characteristics that much and in fact is more likely to make it easier not harder.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: