organizing books, etc.

Old 02-10-01, 12:42 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a mountain of information on the same topic in a variety of forms. For example, I have books, magazines, vcr tapes, cd's and loose papers, all about sewing! It's the same with several other serious hobbies. I'm in great need of some ideas on the best way to organize and store this information over-load. I have three adjustable open bookcases from floor to ceiling and want to be able to find what I need quickly without having the shelves look like the puppies ran through them. Thank you so much for your help!
Bambi

Old 02-10-01, 10:05 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Bambi,
Seems like their could be a few ways to approach this and hopefully one will work out as a solution for you.
Take the library approach. Classify different racks for different media types. Put all the VCR's on a video rack, Cd's on a seperate rack and make use of the shelves for the magazines and books. A small file holder on wheels could hold all the loose papers. Purchase a label machine and clearly mark all the files, tapes and cd's and finding things should be easier.
The second solution might be the milk crate approach. Pick up enough milk crates at a department store and label each one with a subject. Throw all the media types for that subject in the crate and stack them neatly. Then when you want to bake, goto the cooking crate and so on and so on.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: