traverse rod repair

Old 03-25-01, 07:47 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

Need instructions on how to re-string a traverse rod (center draw). Your help GREATLY appreciated.
Old 03-25-01, 08:07 PM
Mike Swearingen's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,701
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post

Measure the width of the traverse rod and length that you want the pull cord to hang down and double it.
Cut the cord to that length, position the two overlapping metal pieces in the middle, and thread the cord through the pulleys, and tie the ends together through the holes of the two metal pieces.
Good Luck!
Old 03-26-01, 07:22 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up Traverse rod repair

Thanks for your help! Didn't know something so simple could be so frustrating.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: