Old 10-28-01, 10:13 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

i have a pair of curtains which i would like to turn into a simple blind for the window they were on. Does anyone know of a way in which i can do this without rollers and other expensive attachments?
Old 01-14-02, 10:20 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

the current issue of better home & garden says you can attach cafe hooks or shower curtriin hooks to the top and hang on a nice rod or use drawer pulls as you hanger instead of a rod. when you go to the grocey store check page 28 of thier jan 2002 issue.
Old 03-04-02, 05:42 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I think you might want to look at a blind they call a roman shade. it is mounted on a board with staples or velcro and works with a riing system on the back that pulls the blind up and down. you can also get a rod for this purpose with all the fancy hardware but the home made one works just as well.
Old 03-05-02, 03:33 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
The simplest way to do this is to go out and buy a super-cheap icky vinyl shade, rip off the vinyl and staple your fabric to the roller. Take the stick out of the bottom of the vinyl shade and slide it into the hem of the curtain, then stitch the ends shut to keep it in there. To make it a little more fancy, add a cute little pull to the bottom.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: