Picture hanging

Old 01-11-02, 06:55 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Picture hanging

I am stuck trying to hang some pictures approximately 24 X 36 inches. The wall I want to hang them on is the wall opposite my front door entry in a great room. The wall is also over stairs. It is a side wall going down 15 stairs. How do I get a ladder where it is stable enough to get the pictures where I want them? The wall on the other side of the stairs is a half wall approximately 40 inches tall. I guess this same dilemma applies if I decide to paint the same wall.

Help!

Old 01-11-02, 07:09 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hanging pictures in a stair well

I also have a stairwell painting dilemma. I plan on leaning the ladder off a stair step on the half wall facing the stairs and running a couple boards out. My challenge is that I am such a meticulous painter and caulker and there is patching and caulking to be done, that even if I do this will I wonder if I will be able to adequately reach the areas. At my age, I should not undertake such a project, but I will anyway. My stairwell also presents opportunities for pictures, but I have so many other opportunities that the stairwell is not a priority.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: