Wireless Phone Jack

Old 12-03-03, 10:17 AM
ricciuto
Visiting Guest
Question Wireless Phone Jack

I have a spare room where it would be very difficult to get a phone cable too and not worth the bother. However, I seen a “wireless phone jack system” where you plug a device into a receptacle and tie into an existing phone jack this must be similar to a transmitter. Next plug a receiver into a receptacle near the location you want the phone, plug the phone into this receiver.

Do these actually work? If they do it would be well worth it for my needs.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-03, 11:35 AM
millertime
Visiting Guest
why not just buy a cordless phone?

Old 12-03-03, 03:42 PM
ricciuto
Visiting Guest
Easier said than done. Eventually this room will be used as an office. A Cordless phone disappears a lot in this household with older children, I don't have the patience to search for the cordless. We have one and it still isn't enough. The phone in this room isn't going to move. It's going to MINE. HA HA. I seen one of those systems in Home Depot for $52 and they are selling on eBay for about $10. Worth trying for $10-$15. I eventually will invest in the cordless phone system that allows up to 3 cordless phone on 1 phone line. Now that will work, but can't afford to spend that much yet. Thanks for advice.

Old 12-03-03, 06:44 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I think someone else asked this same question about a year ago. You might try a search to see if you can find that thread - it may be in computers, since I think they were wanting to use that jack for the computer jack.

Anyway, the general consensus is that these systems suck - it was said that the jack wouldn't be sufficient for dial-up from a computer, since they require very clean lines, but for the money you may want to give it a try for a regular phone. Who knows?

Good luck!