Low Voltage Pro new to the Board

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-04, 02:48 PM
irsean
Visiting Guest
Low Voltage Pro new to the Board

Hi guys. New to the board. I am well versed in Data/Voice, Networking (all mediums; copper, lite, wave), I own a Home Automation business and currently am groovin with the OnQ system (background in x10 and such).
Just sayin' Hi nad I hope I can both learn from those more experienced than I and be of assistance to those who I can help. Excuse any glaring typos..I am a contractor...LOL.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-04, 03:39 PM
magic2
Visiting Guest
Welcome
Let me ask ya this then. What do you think of the leviton "chopin" volume control system???

Old 06-28-04, 08:40 PM
irsean
Visiting Guest
Cool

Originally Posted by magic2
Welcome
Let me ask ya this then. What do you think of the leviton "chopin" volume control system???
It's a nice impedance matching volume control, especially if you want to match your Decora lighting controls (might be a little confusing, though). I normally use OnQ or Russound A-Bus if I want multi room from a single source (music server, cd player, whatever). I personally like the Russound System. The model I have is a 4 source (Cd, MP3, Music server, etc) and six zones. This system also distributes an IR signal and has LCD readout at each pad.

My model is the CA-6.4i amplifier with the CA-LCD2 keypads. I got a great deal on in-ceiling 150W Pyle Driver Pros (6 pairs at $46 each pair)

Old 06-29-04, 04:56 AM
magic2
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the info!
I guess the reason I liked the "chopin"., is because of the simple design.
And no big ugly knob for volume control. I already have a denon 4802, and a denon 2400 cd,dvd,dvd audio,sacd.
Thanks for all the info.

Old 06-29-04, 10:23 AM
irsean
Visiting Guest
Yeah, I hate the knobbed ones, too. Gaudy

Old 06-29-04, 05:10 PM
magic2
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by irsean
Yeah, I hate the knobbed ones, too. Gaudy
Agreed! I purchased the Klipsch reference series speakers for the house.
I just want good sound, In the main rooms.
Now for My Den, I have not even got started!

Old 08-20-04, 04:05 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New to the forum

Hi guys. New to the board. I am well versed in Data/Voice, Networking (all mediums; copper, lite, wave), I own a Home Automation business and currently am groovin with the OnQ system (background in x10 and such).
Just sayin' Hi nad I hope I can both learn from those more experienced than I and be of assistance to those who I can help. Excuse any glaring typos..I am a contractor...LOL.

I am new also and was wondering about staring my own home automation business and had a couple questions. Do you need an electricians license to install smart wire? How did you get your experience? Is it a hard business to run? And do you feel it is a competitive market now or will be in the near future? Any info to my numerous questions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-24-04, 07:48 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I'd also be interested in seeing a response to the previous question. Do people currently in this business feel the market is saturated? What were typical start up costs?

Old 09-12-04, 07:54 PM
motionman
Visiting Guest
It's a nice impedance matching volume control, especially if you want to match your Decora lighting controls (might be a little confusing, though). I normally use OnQ or Russound A-Bus if I want multi room from a single source (music server, cd player, whatever). I personally like the Russound System. The model I have is a 4 source (Cd, MP3, Music server, etc) and six zones. This system also distributes an IR signal and has LCD readout at each pad.

My model is the CA-6.4i amplifier with the CA-LCD2 keypads. I got a great deal on in-ceiling 150W Pyle Driver Pros (6 pairs at $46 each pair)
Can you share with me where you got those speakers from? I just finished wiring my new home and found out that I need 6 sets of in-ceiling speakers. Looking for the best quality for the best price. Thanks!

Closed Thread