how do u fish wires through walls?

Old 01-30-05, 06:46 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
how do u fish wires through walls?

I see people talking about running ir fishing wires under walls .. is it possible to run wires under any walls? i just don't see how you can run wires with all the wall studs or even try to run wires along existing wiring since existing wires run through holes in the studs and it would be almost impossible to pass a wire through these holes every couple feet! ..what is the trick in running wires?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-05, 05:32 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 622 Votes on 575 Posts
You are right, threading a wire through the length of a wall is nearly impossible so generally I go up into the attic or down into the basement and pop back up in the new location.

Old 02-19-05, 07:42 PM
D
Check out this site for different ways to fish wire through the walls:

http://www.lsdinc.com/cgi-local/load...ications2.html

Old 02-20-05, 01:45 AM
nswint
Visiting Guest
Just had a thought.. anyone think of using a garden hose?

Old 02-20-05, 06:04 AM
well.......garden hose would be rather large to try and push down a standard 1/2" drilled hole with any accuracy......BUT I suggest you try using plumbing 3/8" or even smaller pex line...it is strong enough to push down insulation if needed yet can easily bend in different directions....

We use it all the time to fish walls......we rarly use a Fish Tape unless we are doing long runs in Conduit and need to pull wires..which if they are REAL long we use a device called a scatter Gun with a rope on the end....and use this to pull wires....

But in residential walls.......a cheap tube of the smallest PEX you can find works great for fishing.