Patio Speaker Input

Old 06-18-05, 01:01 PM
arsenic
Visiting Guest
Patio Speaker Input

We just bopught a house with pre-wiring done for 4 indoor speakers, 2 patio speakers and 2 bedroom speakers.

I have a 4 year old home theater system which does not have multi-zone ooutput - ateleast I don't think it has.

I have got the inddor 5 speaker hooked up to it and they work fine. I am trying to get my patio speakers to work. I tried to conenct them to the audio out but that does not seem to help.

Not sure if I need a new amp or is there a way I can use my existing equipment. Any help is appreciated.

Old 06-18-05, 09:49 PM
Brett_Griffin
Visiting Guest
If you are looking to just add audio to the patio speakers, you will be best suited to look for a new audio amp that is 7.1-surround sound. Since not many audio systems are setup to use 7.1, most of them will allow using as 5.1 + a second audio zone. This way you wont mismatch speaker impedance (causing an overloaded condition), and allows you to control the volume in each area separately. Go to a local best buy, circuit city, or fry's and they will point you to an inexpensive system that will do the trick.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: