need help with devices and programming

Old 09-26-05, 06:17 PM
fanic
Visiting Guest
need help with devices and programming

I'm a electricians helper for a small company. i do hvac wiring for a large commercel contractor [my primaray job is this] i also do house wiring both high and low voltage mostly phone, alarm, cable, cctv, etc. etc. now home automation is vary popular. with my background wiring is a no brainer as long as i keep up with new technology. my companay is not going any further as far as devicing or programming. can't blam them were vary busy. but know there are alot of custumers with a whole lot of wire in there homes and a garage full of devices still in the box. i've been asked to do side work by every one of them to finish the project [the company i work for only roughs homes] becouse no one else knows how to in this area. except one companay and thay charge a pretty penny. i'm looking to go on my own but were do i get trained for programming and devicing for so many different products. i've read many forums over the past year and read enough books for awhile. looking to get started within a year can someone lead me in the RIGHT direction. around the automation world and back . sorry its so long

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-05, 07:59 PM
fmtrout
Visiting Guest
I would recommend getting your Comptia HTI+ Certification. Since you already have experience in wiring and HVAC, this test should be a no brainer for you. I would also recommend reading, All In One: HTI+ and CEDIA Installer I, by Ron Glister. You will find this book great help and also a great manual for future projects. Any other questions you can visit www.gianatech.net, or email me at [email protected]. I will be glad to help you.

Old 09-27-05, 05:46 PM
fanic
Visiting Guest
thanks fmtrout for a start on my goal.. its funny you mention cedia, i tried to get more info but thay wanted a business name and alot of money. was not the way i wanted to go right away. still have to read more. i hoped i read them but i have not thank you again for info [i think lol]. if there is a more individual way to get into a cedia program could someone fill me in. that will be my last step in my self employment goal.

also could someone tell me were to go for a single pole relay w/24 volt ac coil. 110/120 no/nc outputs.