cable fishing difficulty

Old 02-09-06, 04:16 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
cable fishing difficulty

Hi,
Have read several threads here. Lots of good advice so hopefully someone can help me with this. I have 2 questions

1. Is it OK from an interference point of view to install telephone cable in the same conduit (roughly 2 cm diameter) as a standard tv coax cable. The cables would be quite close together I imagine and touching at points.

2. The coax cable runs up one wall on the ground floor and then through stud partition in the second floor and up into the attic. There are a couple of bends in the run. I've tried to pull this cable through in the hope I can use this to pull through the phone cable but it is very very stubborn. Are there any tips on how to achieve this. I'm thinking of rigging up some kind of winch but I'm wary of snapping the cable.

Cheers

Last edited by graphite; 02-09-06 at 05:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-06, 08:16 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
no problem with having the two cables close if the phone I/W is twisted pair (cat 3 or 5 or...) as to pulling it in, go to Home Depot or similar and buy wire/cable soap... squirt some in the conduit, coat the cables as you have them pulled, and they should slide in like a greased pig... don't us a winch.. not good...