front door video monitoring

Old 02-09-06, 07:48 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
front door video monitoring

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best and easiest way to set up front door video monitoring?

Old 02-11-06, 03:08 PM
Treetop
Visiting Guest
"Best" and "Easiest" are kind of contradictory...

It really depends on what you want to do..

Some people want the image to be displayed on their tv, while the next person may want that signal to be modulated to ALL the tv's throughout their house.

Another person, may want the signal captured on their computer, then have it streamed to the web, or take pictures and email them to themselves.

There was even one guy that want to mount an in-wall lcd screen by his door. When the door bell rang, the camera and screen would "wake-up".

The next question, largely dependent on budget, is what do you expect from the camera itself... Great picture quality in total darkness, just for use in the day time, distance, etc.

The easiest way.. get an el-cheapo x10 wireless camera. Trust me... this is the easiest, but far, far, far from the best (or even medicore) set-up.

There are so many options out there, that it can be a bit overwhelming at first. The first thing to focus on is what you want to do... then begin looking at solutions that will fulfill those needs.

There is a lot of "camera" discussion at http://www.cocoontech.com/
The folks there have a lot of "hands-on" experience with different cameras and software. Once you have narrowed down what you would like to do, I'd ask more detailed questions both here and at that site.

Good Luck with your project,
Treetop

Old 02-18-06, 02:41 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Here is one but I'll bet its quite pricey.

http://www.nutone.com/product-detail...roductID=11140

Old 02-19-06, 06:44 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
You can by a nice color, nightvision with audio camera at one the 'big box' stores for $50 in the alarm/security area (I bought one and it works great).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: