increasing output current

Old 09-02-06, 11:24 PM
Samian
Visiting Guest
increasing output current

hi,
im trying to trigger a motorized screen. my trigger outputs 12v 25mA, the relay requires at least 100mA. i found a site that someone put up with the same problem im having, i just dont understand the schematic. im not sure if its ok to post the link here but if you google "panasonic projector triggering a da-lite screen" itll take you to the site. my setup is pretty much the same only im using a denon receivers trigger output instead of a projector. i can plug in a 12v 200mA wall wart into the denons switched outlet and use that as the trigger but thatll bring the screen down everytime the denon is turned on (i.e when using audio only sources.) in the schematic it looks like he's using both the projectors trigger and a seperate 12v supply, is the seperate power supply really needed? also where does the resistor attach to? any help is greatly appreciated.

Sam

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-06, 06:24 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If having the screen down when your receiver is fine, just connect the 12V supply to the relay and plug it into the receiver's switched outlet.

If you wany a small signal to control it, you need the 12V supply (plugged into an always hot outlet likely, you could try the receiver switched), and to build the trasnistor drive circuit.

Old 09-03-06, 09:17 AM
Samian
Visiting Guest
thanks for the reply classicsat. i definately dont want the screen going down everytime the receiver is switched on, so i need to go with the circuit. im havin a bit of trouble understanding the circuit. i have that video projector interface, it has two wires coming out of it (trigger wires,) the schematic doesnt show how to connect the circuit to it....basically i need to use the circuit, i just need a little help in how to go about doing it.

thanks,
Sam

Old 09-03-06, 04:01 PM
You have to know or find out what those outputs are, to proceed. One should be ground and possibly a signal.

Old 09-04-06, 09:44 PM
What you need to look for is a solid state relay, instead of the mechanical relay that requires 100ma. I have some that have a 3-32VDC input and will switch up to 5 amps at 12-280VAC. I would mail you one, but this forum doesn't allow direct communication. The brand of relay is Gordos, model DR-OAC.

Nashcat