X-10 wall receptacle wireing HELP!

Old 08-06-07, 12:46 PM
rUfUnKy
Visiting Guest
Exclamation X-10 wall receptacle wireing HELP!

I just purchased a X-10 wall receptacle and can not figure out how to wire it.

My current ( non x-10 ) receptacle has 5 wires going to it ( 2 black 2white and 1 copper) The X-10 receptacle has only 3 wires.

Do I cap off 1 black and 1 white or do I connect the 2 white wires and the 2 black wires to the corresponding wires on the x-10 receptacle??

The picture below is of the type of receptacle I am replacing.

http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/newoutleleft.jpg

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-07, 09:37 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Just connect the whits from the wall together with the white from the X10 receptical with a wire nut. The same for the black.

Old 08-09-07, 04:34 PM
rUfUnKy
Visiting Guest
Thanks classicsat, it seemed when I did it with only two wires and the ground I lost some of my other lights in my house. Now I'm havening a problem where the lights turn back on two seconds after I turn them off.. Someone at Automated outlet is trying to sort out the problem as we speak.

Old 08-14-07, 10:14 PM
O
Originally Posted by rUfUnKy View Post
I just purchased a X-10 wall receptacle and can not figure out how to wire it.

My current ( non x-10 ) receptacle has 5 wires going to it ( 2 black 2white and 1 copper) The X-10 receptacle has only 3 wires.

Do I cap off 1 black and 1 white or do I connect the 2 white wires and the 2 black wires to the corresponding wires on the x-10 receptacle??

The picture below is of the type of receptacle I am replacing.

http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/newoutleleft.jpg
I THINK THE ONE YOU HAVE IS IN LINE SWITCH FOR A LIGHT ETC. YOU HAVE OPENED THE WRONG SWITCH FOR TWO POLE * GROUND CONNECT. YOU CAN INSTALL THIS IN SERIES ON THIS ALSO, WHERE ONLY LIVE LINE FOR THE PLUG IN SYSTM FOR YOUR HOT LINE PASSES THROUGH IT FOR THE OUTPUT PLUG. LET THE GROUND LINE GO THE STANARD WAY. BE CAREFUL IT IS ELECTRICITY.

Old 08-19-07, 12:53 AM
The extra pair is going out to other outlets, which is why you lost some the first time around. Standard wiring. From breaker to outlet one then to the next and so on.