CO2 line pressure sensor

Old 12-07-07, 09:26 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
CO2 line pressure sensor

I have a Soda/Beer keg system, and I would like to be able to view the CO2 pressure on line. Something simular to a tire pressure system. Anyone have any ideas?

Serial communications would probally be the best. I dont know were to start, I have not worked with this type of sensors before.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-07, 02:18 PM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
If this is for your home, you have sophisticated tastes!

The cost for software and sensors will be in the hundreds, if not thousands. Plus the time to program it for your facility. Talkin' days.

Either way, serial is on the outs except for very short runs of less than 50 feet between dedicated machines. Almost everything else is communicating with TCP/IP. There are RS232-to-IP converters to bridge the gap.

Is there a pressure sensor in the system? What kind? Is it sophisticated enough to talk to a com port?

Old 12-07-07, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
Because remote pressure reading is an unheard of consumer past time there is no cheap way of doing this as Rick has said.
I work with pressure transducers and they cost hundreds of dollars.

A novel way of achieving the same end for not too much money would be a web cam pointed to a pressure gauge with the image hosted online.
You could even have a remote thermometer in the camera's field to make sure the product is the right temperature when you get home.

Are you looking at monitoring the delivery or tank pressure?